The Petroleum Institute University and Research Center, Abu Dhabi invites application for the post of a Laboratory Engineer. Lab Engineer position is for University’s Energy Lab of the Petroleum Institute Research Center (PIRC) at the Petroleum Institute (PI) in Abu Dhabi. Energy Lab at PIRC facilitates advance research in the broader area of Energy conversion and management, Power Electronics, Electric drives, Renewable and Sustainable Energy, smart-grid, micro-grid, and power system. The primary function of the research engineer is plan, maintain, and manage the energy labs. The Lab engineer is also required to support and facilitate the various e-search projects under this lab.
The Petroleum Institute (PI) is an engineering university located in Sas Al Nakhl, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, offers a variety of engineering degrees and is funded by a consortium of national and international oil companies. The goal of the institution is to provide the local oil and gas industry with engineers.
It is financed and governed by a consortium of five major oil companies: ADNOC, Royal Dutch Shell, BP, Total S.A., and Japan Oil Development Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of INPEX. The university is partnered with the following universities: Colorado School of Mines (CSM), Johannes Kepler Universitat Linz, University of Maryland, University of Minnesota, and The University of Texas at Austin, Rice University and China University of Petroleum.
At present, over 800 undergraduate male students and 100 female students are studying in one of the following five engineering disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Geosciences, Polymer science and material science.
The Petroleum Institute also offers graduate level programs.
- Experience in operation of the high end instruments such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Experience in design and testing of power electronics converters.
- Experience in design and programming of digital controllers and digital interface circuits, DSP, data acquisition circuits and sensors.
- Experience in effectively build and troubleshoot embedded hardware boards.
- Experience in working with Hardware-in-the-loop setup.
- Experience in working with Energy Storage System and Fuel-cell technology.
- Experience in control and testing of electric machines.
- Experience in planning, drafting specification, purchasing, and technical evaluation of general research facilities / instruments for the above lab.
- Experience in modeling and simulation – hands on experience in MATLAB /SPICE/ETAP/PSCAD are desirable.
- Ability to manage a research lab.
- Mustbe well versed with the HSE issues and various standards related to the area o electric energy conversion and processing.
- Interested candidates should have a M.Sc. degree in Electrical engineering with strong background in Power System, Electric machines/drives, Power Electronic.
- The candidate must be highly motivated and able to manage the lab with minimum supervision. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and should be able to interact with various research teams.
Salary and perks
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The total compensation package includes a tax-free 12-month base salary, and a benefits allowance that covers relocation, housing, initial furnishings, utilities, transportation (automobile purchase loan), health insurance, child(ren) education, end-of-service benefit and annual leave travel. Applicants must be in excellent health and will be required to pass a pre-employment physical examination.
All shortlisted candidates will have to get their highest degree/diploma attested from the UAE embassy of the country where they have obtained their highest degree
Interested candidates must submit all materials online at our website
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted